NHS ORGAN DONATION
NHS(National Health Service)
The National Health Service is the publicly funded healthcare system in England, and one of the four National Health Service systems in the United Kingdom.
Why Sadhu Vaswani Centre has taken up this project:
Reason with this project
- The awareness for Organ Donation within the Sindhi and Asian community is low.
- The community members who want to donate organs, do not know how to register.
- The waiting list of Organ Recipients is long within Sindhi and Asian Communities when compared with that within other communities in England.
Our Campaign objective
- Increase awareness of the law change among Black, Asian and minority ethnic people living in England.
- Increase the proportion of Black and Asian people who have told their family /
- Increase the proportion of Black and Asian people who have told their family / close friends their organ donation decision.
- Increase the willingness to donate among Black and Asian audiences
We have a dynamic team to serve the purpose
Virtual Silver Sunday Event on 16 May 2021
“Dr Krishna Menon, Organ Donation Surgeon and Ms Angela Ditchfield, Senior Nurse for Organ Donation talked about Organ Donation as a concept, reasons for Organ Donation, Change in the Law and NHS Support to the families involved with Organ Donation either as Donors or as Recipients Dr. Gaurang Mehta and Ms. Isha Mehta entertained the audience with Bollywood songs; Ms. Amrapali Desai, retired station director of All India Radio anchored the musical program with stories, poetry, and jokes.
About 175 people attended this event.
Virtual Silver Sunday Event on 18 July 2021
Mr Jay and Mrs Sina shared an emotional story of their son Aari who passed away at young age of 3.5 years and they donated his 7 organs. Brief story is available here. Ms Prafulaben Shah talked about donating her one kidney that helped her niece to get kidney through Kidney exchange programme and survived. BBC had covered her story and is available at Dr. Gaurang Mehta and Ms. Isha Mehta entertained the audience with Bollywood songs; Ms. Amrapali Desai, retired station director of All India Radio anchored the musical programme with stories, poetry, and jokes.
About 135 people attended this event.
Watch Our Videos
Leaflet and Merchandise Distribution
Volunteers have distributed NHS Organ Donation related Leaflets and Merchandise (pens, key rings, T-shirts etc) to 100 community members in 3 months.
Activities planned for rest of the project
- Virtual Silver Sunday in September 2021 and November 2021
- Leaflet Distribution
- Stall at Sadhu Vaswani Centre Vegetarian Mela / Festival, subject to Government Guidance for Covid-19.
For further information
Ram Kundnani: 07946339747
Sudha Matta: 07889968520